Moore Hall is situated to the south of the village of Carnacon in Co. Mayo, lying on Muckloon Hill over looking Lough Carra. It was once the home of George Moore and his family. The Moores were a family of sportsmen, patriots, statesmen, writers, and artists. The house was built in 1795 but destroyed by a fire in 1923. Today the house, estate, lake, and farm are owned by the forestry company, Coillte. The house itself is still in ruin so the public aren’t allowed to go inside the house. However, Moore Hall has many visitors each year who come to admire what’s left of this big house and the locals enjoy the walking trails around the grounds.